1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox and Suspicious startup files.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by prelude23, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prelude23

prelude23 Thread Starter

Just recently Firefox started having some problems. I don't think it updated recently and I have already turned off all my firewalls, etc. to get past that problem. I'll explain exactly what it is that isn't working.

-I am connected to the internet, I can tell this by IE working and Firefox.
    -All pages work in IE and I have no problems there.
    -Firefox is connected and works! (I know that sounds weird but here's the problem) Not all pages will load!

For instance, when starting firefox it will come up to the firefox google start page, however if I type anything into the google search bar and press enter nothing will happen, I can see the progress bar for getting onto a website, but it's empty and that's it. However I can stilll get on other websites like MSN and Youtube just fine.

[​IMG]
    Few days ago, I detected a suspicious file (circled above) in my computer startup. Then I deleted it and made a backup in a diff directory. Problem gone. Firefox back to normal. But today, I checked my startup and I found two more new file in my startup which is the same as the previous two that I've deleted

[​IMG]

Look at the screenshot, the circle above shows the new item that appears from nowhere while the circle earlier is the one i deleted earlier. Can anyone help me? How to stop this thing from multiplying and now my firefox is having the problem I had before again. I have already do a system scan using Kaspersky but it can't detect and threats from my computer.

This is my hijack log:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!