1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox and WMP plugin

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wdro, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wdro

wdro Thread Starter

Hi,

For some reason my firefox browser can't play the wmp videos in webpages. My friend said that I probably don't have the WMP plugin. How do I add that plugin to my firefox? I've already had wmp10.

My OS is XP.

thanks.

2. Sponsor

3. Augie65

Augie65

4. wdro

wdro Thread Starter

Thanks. How come there is so much work involved? My friends' firefox plays wmp automatically.

5. Augie65

Augie65

Could be several things. A bad install or some conflict with programs installed on your computer. When you uninstall Firefox, your profile folder with bookmarks and plugins are not deleted. If you update or reinstall, the same profile is used. If something is corrupt, you might have a problem. If you have been using Firefox for very long, I would backup your bookmarks and plugins to a folder somewhere safe. If something happens you will have backup copy of your profile in case you have to delete the Firefox profile folder.

6. wdro

wdro Thread Starter

so you think i should uninstall firefox or wmp?

7. Augie65

Augie65

No, I am not suggesting to uninstall Firefox. I just was suggesting why your WMP might not be working. If you follow the instruction on installing the plugins, it should work. It has always worked in all the versions of Firefox that I have installed since version .08. Check about:plugins from the address bar of Firefox, and if WMP is not present, follow Restoring the Windows Media Player plugin section on the link I posted.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465287