Solved Firefox browser

nogeekinme

Hello, firefox is aving my bookmarks as tabs, instead of putting them in the bookmark folder. How can I switch this ? Thank you

nogeekinme

When I want to bookmark something, I right click on it and then, it used to say "bookmark". That is opton now gone and it says ,"bookmark current tab".

Couriant

James
can you do a screenshot? I am on version 93 and I don't see what you see.

1634166133218.png1634166211521.png

nogeekinme

I have version 93 also . I don't know how to do a screen shot . At the very top of my screen (above where it says firefox browser) ,It say, File,Edit, View,History,Bookmarks,Tools and Help. When i go to a site that I want to save, All I had to do, was go up to the one that says "Bookmarks) and left click . A drop down menu would open and it would say," Bookmark" I would click on that and a small window would open in the middle of my screen and it would say, "Add to bookmarks" I would click ok and it was finished. Now, when I click on "Bookmarks" the drop down menu no longer says add to bookmarks. It just says, "bookmark current tab.

TerryNet

Terry
You are putting the bookmarks into the "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder.

Referring to your post # 6, when the small window opens in the middle of the screen if you don't select the folder into which you want the bookmark it will go into the last one used. Probably the "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder was selected by accident or because of some Firefox change.

I have also sometimes saved a bookmark into an unintended folder. The easiest way for me to correct my mistakes is to get the bookmark into the intended folder and then delete it from the unintended one.

TerryNet

Terry
By the way, the "Bookmarks Toolbar" is like the other folders but the bookmarks also appear in the toolbar.

nogeekinme

Thank you, but how do I get the bookmark to the intended folder ? The window that used to po up in the middle of the page , that says add to bookmarks, no longer pops up.

plodr

Liz
To get those away from the Toolbar and into the Other Bookmarks folder, you left click on Bookmarks then left click on Mange Bookmarks.
Click on Bookmarks Toolbar and all those tabs appear in the right window.
Hold down the left mouse button and select one of those. Drag it to the folder that says Other Bookmarks and it will disappear from the Bookmarks Toolbar and appear now in the Other bookmarks folder.

TerryNet

Terry
I still get a window (but larger than previously) that allows me to choose destination after clicking Bookmarks - Bookmark Current Tab. Don't know why you don't. Maybe an Add-on interfering?

To add current web page to bookmarks click on Star icon

Bookmark1a.jpg

The Star icon will then turn blue and allow you to save it to the default or alternate folder

Bookmark2a.jpg

To edit exiting Bookmark locations

Right click on toolbar and select Menu bar to show menu

Bookmark3a.jpg

Select View > Sidebar > Bookmarks

Bookmark4a.jpg

The Bookmark folders are then shown

Bookmark6a.jpg

You can then delete individual bookmarks or move them to another folder

Bookmark7a.jpg

Reference

Use bookmark folders to organize your bookmarks
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/bookmark-folders-organize-your-bookmarks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts