1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firefox cannot find google??

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by food7, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. food7

food7 Thread Starter

Recently, both computers in my home network, cannot access google.com. I get to a page on both machines that says:

Google Error
    Not found
    The requested URL /cgi-bin/webcm?getpage=../html/hurl_status_real.html was not found on this server.

Strange. Any and all advice appreciated. I was changing some of the port forwarding settings on the router just before the problem began... though i do not know if that is related.

2. Demono

Demono

This is most likely related to the router settings you changed. What did you change exactly? Did it have anything to do with the remote administation of the modem such as what port it uses? (Port 80?) or any DNS settings?

3. myrc60

myrc60

I have a netgear router and I was having a lot of trouble with errors like this. Keep trying, but it is likely your internet connection is being dropped by your router. Check your router's manufacturer site for a new download. I did and I am having a lot less of these bad page loads.

4. Lochworks

Lochworks

This leads me to believe that you are being redirected somewhere other than Google. I would suspect virus/malware could possibly be hijacking you. Try a good, updated virus scan in Safe Mode (F8 when you start your PC) to see if that fixes it. If not, let us know for additional troubleshooting steps.

5. food7

food7 Thread Starter

I am currently running a virus scan in safe mode. I am connecting from my laptop which goes on line wirelessly, and it finds google just fine. However, my other desktop also has a similar problem when trying to connect to google. I will let you know how it does after the virus scan, but it seems strange that the problem could be happening on two computers, and not a third that are all a part of the same network.

6. food7

food7 Thread Starter

Still after running the virus scan, I cannot access google. I will reset the router tomorrow and post the results.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/456313