1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox closes abruptly

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by prernabhagat, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prernabhagat

prernabhagat Thread Starter

Hi

I am a linux user and use firefox. Recently i installed firefox on my laptop and i am facing problems while surfing. Firefox closes abruptly and then when I restart it, it asks for restoring sessions.............. i find it very difficult to restore sessions all the time.......... plz can anybody help me solve this problem of closing down of firefox all of a sudden.

2. TOGG

TOGG

I assume that you have the Linux version? You could d/l and install a new copy in case it helps; http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html If that doesn't help I don't know what else to suggest as I don't use Firefox very much.

Version 2.0.0.10 is due out soon, maybe next week.

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

If I am not mistaken, at the time when it asks for you to choose to restore sessions, it gives you the option not to - choose not to restore sessions.

Yes, next week, a new security patch will be out for Firefox. Everyone should update Firefox with the new patch.

If you use Linux, depending on the distro, using Synaptic Package Manager to update to the new release from repositories eases the process, however, I am not sure how quickly the new releases are packaged up and installed in the repositories for everyone to download. The other option is to download from here if you are U.S. English version oriented.

-- Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/654919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice