1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox complete failure

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sachs, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I was navigating with Firefox 8 when I noticed that pages opened black and white and and in a schematic format (I will include this page screenshot). I thought it was number 8 and got back to many versions getting the same. Home page discloses a typical upper bar not black but squares and characters. Unistalled and installed every version. Went back restoring and with ERDNT. Scanned with antiivirus and antimalaware with no results. IE functions OK. I have not done any change in any setting and not downloaded anything. My Mini Compaq Netbook functions perfectly. I am devastated. Please, be so kind to help me. Thanks a lor and friendly regards.

Attached Files:

2. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

It looks like it's displaying in "No Style" mode.
    Click View>Page Style>make sure "Basic Page Style" is checked.

3. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I am very impressed for your good will advice, but, obviously that is not the problem... If so, believe me that I havn't asked for help inside a forum. Many thanks and regards.

4. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Have you tried clearing the cache? That could happen very easily if the cached CSS file were corrupted.

To clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox
    * Click the Tools menu.
    * Click Clear recent History
    * Ensure that the drop down box reads "Everything"
    * Ensure that "cache" is checked.
    * To avoid losing anything you might want to keep, uncheck everything else for the moment.
    * Click Clear now.

5. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Yeahh. Many thanks indeed. Good results were gotten at creating a new profile but very soon the issue got troubles as before. I have just downloaded a new Frirefox 8, previously deleting every setting and so. It's rare, this so huge failure, and that bothers me. The failure appeared in the middle of excellent work with no settings or downloads. It would be very fine thatfrom the 'advanced people' suposed inside the forum, one could get a reasonable deep explanation of the trouble, addressing the fixing by knowing what was precisely wrong, and not through the ocurrencies method. Many thanks and regards,

6. throoper

Try running in Firefox Safe Mode. Help>Restart with Add-ons Disabled.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You're saying the display changes while you're browsing and without clicking on anything, installing anything, or making any change whatsoever? You're just browsing a site, and suddenly the entire display changes? Does it blink? Flash? Give you an error?

8. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Not at all; I just saw the abnormal google display, opened it and then started to discover de disaster anyway. That gets me perplex and 'need' to know the answer. Many friendly cheers and thanks.

9. throoper

Are you getting the same results with Add-ons disabled?

Just to be clear, this isn't intermittent (one time it works and one time it doesn't) and affects all web pages rather than only certain pages?

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I think we're having a language barrier problem because I don't understand the details of the problem.

If you completely reinstalled Firefox and/or created a new profile and this problem occurs immediately, then you have a more serious system problem. If you're reinstalling Firefox or creating a new profile, you're wiping out all add-ons and customizations.

11. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

The problem is not ntermittent at all, Affect many pages, specially rich ones as Deutsche GRamophone's. Gmail is horibly affected with rupture of mails etc. Other ones, mysteriously not. Adds on disabled, makes no effect. Sorry, my dear colleague, now I am going to rest after many many hour in front of this netbook. I will back tomorow afternoon. Cheers.

12. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Not inmediately, but after arround 10 minutes. There is no problem of foreign language I consider....; I just didin't precised that. It's necessary to realize that it's a great deal that several professionals here arround have two or three languages as a normal situation. When we send an enquire to an international forum with basic English people, we start very much concerned. Then, the very usual comment of the "language barrier" isn't very much a good ingredient for the chatting. It would be better just to ask that some point needs an explanation. I have re read my messages and I do not find anything like a language unexplainable hole. Forgot something? Right. But that has nothing to do with the fact that one of us is writing in a beautiful language but that he doesn't use ever but here. Might I, inside an international forum, ask in Spanish? Why not? Thanks and friendly cheers.

13. throoper

To make sure this is peculiar to Firefox, are other browsers (IE, Chrome, etc.) rendering the style-sheets correctly?
    Also, do you use Adobe Acrobat? The reason I ask is because that's been known to cause a similar problem.

14. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I keep just IE, that behaves completely normal up to the point that I used it to send mails during the moment when Firefox practically destroyed Gmail. I suspect the same you say. Many thanks and cheers. Please ask whatever you wish for discovering tha cause of this heavy unexpected trouble that got me several hours in front of my exellent netbook. Do you thibk I should scan with Vipre rescue?

15. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

A web browser cannot "destroy" a web-based e-mail service. Accessing Gmail in one browser has no effect on another browser.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice