1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox download

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by azrich, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. azrich

azrich Thread Starter

After downloading Firefox (and I've done this several times already!), the screen never automatically takes me into the Firefox browser screen. And when I try to open the icon from my desktop, it doesn't execute. I've run a SpyDoctor S&D and eliminated the bad stuff, restarted my pc and still nothing happens. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    azrich

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

Typically you download the program, install it, then run it.

3. azrich

azrich Thread Starter

Thanks, AKAJohnDoe, but I've done this several different times and everytime I get the same problem...I am unable to open the Firefox icon. The download does not automatically click me onto the Firefox home page.

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Are you getting it from Mozilla?

Just double click the icon. That should start the process.

I can't provide a link to Mozilla as it keeps directing me to the Linux version. I doubt that will work for you.:D

5. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

What happens when you click on the icon? can you see Mozilla Firefox across the top of the screen? do you see an odd shaped red icon saying gettind started ? if so click on that ....

6. azrich

azrich Thread Starter

No, I've made several attempts at clicking onto the icon with no results whatsoever. Now, I did have a prblm after installing Firefox...and that was I kept getting a yellow warning bar at the top indicating that Internet Explorer has no "add-ons". This only occured when I had installed Firefox. But when uninstalling it, this msg never came up again. It seems as thought there is a conflict between IE and Firefox.

7. azrich

azrich Thread Starter

Please read my latest reply to telecom69.
    Thanks

8. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Cant quite see the connection about IE having no add ons and Firefox ? but if you want to check the add ons in IE, open it and click on tools at the top,then on manage add ons,in there you can enable or disable any add ons ...at this moment I cant understand why its not working for you,but after doing a search quite a few people have this problem, suggest a look at this site http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up

You have downloaded the latest version of Firefox I take it ? http://www.firefoxdownload.com/

Latest thoughts are Im wondering if your firewall is stopping it working ?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice