Firefox download

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

azrich

After downloading Firefox (and I've done this several times already!), the screen never automatically takes me into the Firefox browser screen. And when I try to open the icon from my desktop, it doesn't execute. I've run a SpyDoctor S&D and eliminated the bad stuff, restarted my pc and still nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
azrich

azrich

Thanks, AKAJohnDoe, but I've done this several different times and everytime I get the same problem...I am unable to open the Firefox icon. The download does not automatically click me onto the Firefox home page.

Thanks, AKAJohnDoe, but I've done this several different times and everytime I get the same problem...I am unable to open the Firefox icon. The download does not automatically click me onto the Firefox home page.
Are you getting it from Mozilla?

Just double click the icon. That should start the process.

I can't provide a link to Mozilla as it keeps directing me to the Linux version. I doubt that will work for you.:D

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
What happens when you click on the icon? can you see Mozilla Firefox across the top of the screen? do you see an odd shaped red icon saying gettind started ? if so click on that ....

azrich

No, I've made several attempts at clicking onto the icon with no results whatsoever. Now, I did have a prblm after installing Firefox...and that was I kept getting a yellow warning bar at the top indicating that Internet Explorer has no "add-ons". This only occured when I had installed Firefox. But when uninstalling it, this msg never came up again. It seems as thought there is a conflict between IE and Firefox.

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Cant quite see the connection about IE having no add ons and Firefox ? but if you want to check the add ons in IE, open it and click on tools at the top,then on manage add ons,in there you can enable or disable any add ons ...at this moment I cant understand why its not working for you,but after doing a search quite a few people have this problem, suggest a look at this site http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up

You have downloaded the latest version of Firefox I take it ? http://www.firefoxdownload.com/

Latest thoughts are Im wondering if your firewall is stopping it working ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online