1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox : Email printout size is extremely small

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by zantelover, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zantelover

zantelover Thread Starter

I hope that someone can give me an answer to this problem quickly ; it is doing my head in !!

I need to printout emails using Firefox but very recently , all I get is a miniscule printout.
    I have looked at the printer settings and the paper size keeps re-setting to 4in x 6in even when I set the size to A4 and check the box which says 'Always print with current settings'. Having printed out one of the miniscule prints and then looked at the print settings , they have changed back to 4in x 6 in and the current settings check box has been unchecked. HELP !

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 8015 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 102 GB (45 GB Free); D: 931 GB (923 GB Free); F: 465 GB (440 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0D02VH
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I believe the settings you describe are in the printer's control settings and are specific to your particular brand and model printer. Firefox page formatting is limited to portrait or landscape, margins, and scaling (none, fit to page width, and fixed percentage). You would need to tell us the brand and model printer to troubleshoot the problem.

Do other web pages print OK in Firefox? What email website are you using?

3. zantelover

Sorry ! Firefox is , of course , my browser and I use Thunderbird for email and it is this where the problem is. I received an email a short while ago from Virgin Media advising me that my latest bill was available. I went onto the VM website , retrieved my bill and printed it off with no problems.
    My printer is a Canon iP4950.
    Sorry for that confusion and thanks for responding so quickly. Have I answered your questions satisfactorily and do you need to know anything else ?

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, I may not be of much help in that case. I stopped using Thunderbird about 10 months ago and have no easy way of checking as what could cause your problem.

5. zantelover

Oh dear ! What was the reason for you changing and what did you change to ? Not being able to resolve this issue might make me think of changing as well as it is pretty useless at the moment.

6. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    My old computer that was running Thunderbird died last September and I purchased a refurbished one with Windows 10 Pro installed. I was able to score a good deal on MS-Office 2016 Pro at the same time and installed the full bundle. I did not have any problems using Thunderbird on the old computer and just decided to switch to MS-Outlook, since I now had it available. I use MS-Outlook at work and the transition was painless for me.

7. zantelover

Thanks for that and glad that you had an easy changeover to Outlook. That might well be an option for me. Best regards.

8. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Have you gone into the Windows control panel for your printer and checked its default page size? This is a wild guess but is it set to 4x6 as the default pages size?

9. zantelover

................... good thought but default is set at A4 ,portrait. Thanks for the thought though !

10. zantelover

...... but I had another thought ! Perhaps I could uninstall Thunderbird and then re-install it !

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If the email is short, use print Screen to print is out.
    I use print screen or the snipping tool to print out a lot of things I want.

If it is long, use copy, paste it into a program like notepad, wordpad, Office (either MS or Libre) and print it out from there.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice