1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firefox is hijack

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by tom_ford735, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom_ford735

tom_ford735 Thread Starter

Hello and thank you for your help
    I think my computer is hijacked, I am the administrater of my home computer and when I open my browser, my home page loads, Yahoo, but if I click on a link it takes the new tab or window to some advertising site. I created a new user for me and made it the administrater, but same thing happened, I also changed one of the other users to admin. and now it does the same as mine.
    I looked through what I know and ran spybot and adaware. They found a few problems but did not solve this problem. I even ran both of them at start up and i think spybot found something but it could not remove it, I don't remember what it was. So I ran Hijack this and here is my log
    Thanks again Tom

Attached Files:

2. tom_ford735

tom_ford735 Thread Starter

any and all help is greatly appriciated
    thank you TOM :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice