1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox Keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jack-o-bytes, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ACA529

ACA529

When you run Firefox and notice it freezing, check via control+alt+delete and see if plugin-container.exe is causing CPU spikes.

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes Thread Starter

Well, I have looked in the task manager before and found that firefox locks at around 48-50% CPU usage when it freezes. However I haven't looked at the plug-in container thing so I will look at that next time it freezes. I did leave the computer one time it froze and it un-froze it's self so I think waiting a while also solves the problem

Jack-O-Bytes

3. ACA529

ACA529

Sometimes plugin-container.exe causes the problem. It's a firefox program that basically will stop firefox from crashing if a plugin stops working. However, it has a history of crashing firefox itself.

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes Thread Starter

Ahhh I see, I will keep an eye on it next time that the program freezes and see what it is doing.

Thanks, Jack

5. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024324