1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox keeps opening new processes

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Missie, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missie

Missie Thread Starter

I've tried searching online a lot for this problem and what may be causing it, but I can't seem to find anyone with the exact same problem.

Basically, Firefox isn't working properly. When I open it, it runs fine, and when I close it it seems to open back up okay. But the problem is, every time I open + close it, a firefox process keeps running in the background. There is nothing stopping me from opening a new firefox instance, but each time I do, it creates a new process, until I have dozens running in the background and my computer slows to a crawl. I have to open up the task manager and kill each process individually to restore performance.

I'm running Firefox on a Windows XP computer, and I tried completely uninstalling firefox (I was running version 2-point-something or other at this point) and re-installing the new version 3-point-whatever, with no success. Any idea what the problem could be?

2. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice