1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox lightening some pictures

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by baladio, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. baladio

baladio Thread Starter

Hi. Firefox is lightening only some pictures when I view them. The ones I have seen are on Facebook and Picasa, but likely with other sites, too. I upload a pic to one of them, view it with Firefox, and it's significantly lighter than before uploading. Then when I download it back offline to my computer, it's back to its original lightness. IE and Chrome don't lighten them. Thanks.
    Edit: I'm using FF 3.5.9, on XP Pro SP3 (doubt that OS has to do with it).

2. Hughv

Hughv

Post an example, or a link.

3. baladio

baladio Thread Starter

I attached a jpg file to this post that shows the difference. The weird thing is, when my friends upload their pics, they seem to keep the darkness of the photos, even when I view them on Facebook on Firefox on the same computer that I view mine.

Edit: My educated guess right now is that it has to do with certain information in the JPG file, within the EXIF data. But if they're going to edit your photos for you, they need to do it right.

Attached Files:

• Dif.JPG
      Dif.JPG
      File size:
      5.2 KB
      Views:
  4. Hughv

Hughv

Compare the sizes of these two files. I wonder if they're compressing these files too much?

5. baladio

baladio Thread Starter

I meant in my first post that I copy the light one from Facebook within Firefox to my hard drive, as in right-click and copy and paste to desktop, and view it with a normal viewer, and it's not light anymore; it's just like the original, with good quality kept. So it's the same file, but changed when I view it in Facebook on Firefox.

6. Hughv

Hughv

How do you "Copy and paste to desktop?
    I would think that's not possible-you need to paste it into an image editor

7. baladio

baladio Thread Starter

I meant save as, but also the same effect happens when copying and pasting into an image editor.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice