1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox Mozilla Load Times

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dino7, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dino7

dino7 Thread Starter

Dear Friends,

Hope all is well...

It seems like it takes an extreme amount of time when I start my computer for the first time. Or if I restart it for everything to operate properly.

It the last thing in the taskbar that loads is AVIRA..it takes a long time to get there though.

Also please note the "odd" icons I get every so often.. Just one of these came with a website today icon odd.jpg
    ⚾⚾⚾

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Raphael

** Running Mozilla 48.0.1
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 102547 MB, Free - 46223 MB; D: Total - 11923 MB, Free - 1034 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 30D9
    Antivirus: Trend Micro AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

2. PixyComp

PixyComp

It sounds like your computer is infected. Have you scanned for rootkits?

3. dino7

dino7 Thread Starter

Thank YOU! no haven't scanned specifically for RootKits.
    How would you suggest I do this?
    Humbly, Raphael

4. PixyComp

PixyComp

You can create a thread in the Virus & Other Malware Removal section of this website and they might help you. I am NOT an expert; just another user. But if I were you, I would run malwarebytes anti-malware, with rootkit detection selected, and I'd run malwarebytes anti-rootkit beta and then tdsskiller. I can help you accomplish those tasks if you want.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  5. dino7

dino7 Thread Starter

Thank You! I did run MWB with Rootkits selected. It was clean, In the unpaid version of MWB you cannot uncheck the "Automatically Detect quarantine detected items." (See Link) https://support.malwarebytes.com/cu...is-scan-for-rootkit-off-by-default-?b_id=6438.
    if you would be so kind fill me in on the best way to runMWB anti-rootkit beta and tdsskiller. I'll post something in the Virus & Other Malware Removal section in the meantime.
    Hope all is well..Look forward to hearing from you soon.
    humbly, Raphael

6. PixyComp

PixyComp

To run MWB anti-rootkit beta, just download, install, update and scan. Since you're posting in the virus forum, I'll leave it to the experts to further advise you. Good luck!

7. dino7

dino7 Thread Starter

Thanks again!
    the MWB anti-rootkit scan came back clean. I'm not certain there's much difference between MWB scan w Rootkits cheked or MWB anti-rootkit scan that I just did. I've done both and both came back clean. Waiting on the other post with the "experts"
    Have a blessed day!
    Sincerely, Raphael

8. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Seems normal for Firefox. On my Windows XP, Firefox also takes about a minute to open for the first time.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!