Firefox not recognizing plugins?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MMcDev14

I've manually installed the Quicktime plugin, yet when I go to a site that has quicktime media, I still get the popup on the top of the screen saying "Firefox needs to install additional plugins" - and Firefox always lists Quicktime as the one I need to install. I checked the plugin settings and quicktime IS enabled, so I don't know whats wrong. Any ideas why?

Did you close all your FF browsers after you installed the plug-in then open a new FF browser to test it?

Not all plug-ins will let you just copy them over to a new profile so some you have to install again.

MMcDev14 said:
so I might have to just keep installing Quicktime?
Yes after a new profile is made you have to reinstall some plugins.

If you are using 1.05, you need to upgrade to 1.06. There is a problem with 1.05 because it doesn't work with a lot of extensions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online