firefox not saving passords

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

missmouse

Banned
I recently upgraded firefox to latest version & ever since it wont save passwords on some sites (hotmail for example) I have set all the settings so it is meant to do so but will not! Any ideas?
Im now using Google Chrome because this annoys me so much!
I posted a help message to firefox help but they just ignore me!

Make sure that you are not in Private Browsing Mode. In Firefox: Tools> if you see
Stop Private Browsing click on it to stop. Private Browsing will not remember passwords.

missmouse

Banned
that didnt work, however i have fixed the problem --- unistalled firefox & dowloaded an older version!
They obviously have a serious bug in the latest version! Dont upgrade to it!
Ive done a google on the problem & tons of folk have the same issue.

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
Hi missmouse,

If you want to give the newer version another go, create a new profile after you get it installed.
I've seen several instances where the signon files corrupt on upgrade. Creating a new profile will give you new signon files and also allow you to Import other things (such as bookmarks) from the old profile.

T. :)

missmouse

Banned
so how would I go about creating a new profile? I did a search on firefox which told me profiles were kept at
: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\
When I pasted this into my computers "start search", all I got "no items match your search"!

does this function ignore some places in the HDD? If so, is there a "full search" function in Vista?

throoper

A New Profile is easy. GO HERE for a good step-by-step.

On Vista, the profile folder is at C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
It's a good idea to make a temporary backup of the profile before you upgrade, just in case. Simply COPY the entire .default folder to the desktop or other location.

T. :)

missmouse

Banned
how exactly do I open C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles. ?
It doesnt seem to work pasting it into search or run

throoper

OOPS, the {username} is the name you are logged in with. Sorry I didn't think to mention that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online