Firefox only page

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

§onic €hao

Hi, I have seen someone do this before, and it is what had me get Firefox:

I want a page that WILL display a (different) .html page w/IE then in Firefox. In Firefox I need it to display the website, and in IE I will make my own error msg (.html format).

Incase IE users are wondering what the significance of this is, I can explain that 2. It looks abnormal in IE because I am using CSS positioning that I don't know why, I make it and do edits in Firefox and IE does not work. So, I would appreciate help on this. THANKS!

§onic €hao

**Oh, 1 last thing, I can do this in HTML or JS. I NEED ALL SCRIPT WRITTEN COMPLETELY IN JAVASCRIPT. I only know enough to save .js files w/Notepad. lol :D

§onic €hao

Explain, I dont know about 'if' statements. And providing a link to a JS site is not helping me. I read it, but dont understand anything.... I sort of get it you mean:

Code:
<script language="JavaScript" 
type="text/JavaScript">
}
 if(navigator.appName == "Mozilla Firefox")
{
 window.location = "index.html"
}
 if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")
{
 window.location = "Get_Firefox.html"
</script>
Or not? I edited it to make sense for ME. If that is not right please correct thank you.

**I do not know JS, so I assumed that if I use the word "Mozilla Firefox" that'll work just dandy. If that is not true, what is the REAL name for it?
***I was tempted to chang MSIE to Internet Exploder. :D:D:D:D (I wont though)

<script language="JavaScript"
type="text/JavaScript">
if(navigator.appName == "Netscape")
{
window.location = "NetscapeHome.html"
}
if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")
{
window.location = "ExplorerHome.html"
}
</script>

Put this script above your <body> tag in the html code, change the names of NetscapeHome.html and ExplorerHome.html to the pages you want it to be redirected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online