1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox Plugin issue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Tripledrop, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tripledrop

Tripledrop Thread Starter

I have firefox 3, and everytime a plugin is needed, I click to install, and it never works. I always have to install manually.

Any ideas?

2. Sponsor

3. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

You could uninstall Firefox & reinstall it.That might fix the problem,sounds like you have a corrupt install.There may be a fix in about:config but I don't know what it is.Maybe someone else has a better solution.

4. Tripledrop

I actually reinstalled my whole system a few days ago, and have the same problem...

5. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

Have you gone into tools on the Firefox toolbar & selected options & select advanced & selected update & select how you want updates handled?Automatic or manual.

6. Tripledrop

I hadn't, but I've just checked, and it says to download automatically, but to warn me if it will disable any of my add-ons.

7. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

Are you talking about needing a flash player plug-in or windows media player plug-in or a Java plug-in,that kind of plug-in?
    You have to install them yourself.

8. Tripledrop

That is what I mean... Why do you have to do it yourself? It seems to imply that it'll do it for you? And I'm sure it always used to...

9. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

Themes & extensions install themselves when you choose install now,sometimes you may have to restart Firefox to get the add-on to start.When you say you have to do it manually I don't know what you mean,sorry I'm not helpful.

10. Tripledrop

Manually, means you have to go to the developers website (adobe for example), and download and install yourself...

11. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

Well at least we have the same definition for manually,
    Have you tried using a different theme?
    The only other fix I can think of is to completely delete Firefox from your program files after you do a mozbackup to save your bookmarks etc
    http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/download.php

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772214