1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox popups

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SuedeTumor, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SuedeTumor

SuedeTumor Thread Starter

Firefox is supposed to block pop-ups by default yet whenever I restart Firefox the box is unchecked in the Tools, Options, Content drop-down menu. When I check it it works fine until I restart Firefox. Any idea why this is happening?

2. randy_california

randy_california

That's kind of strange that it would uncheck.
    Maybe a reinstall of FireFox would fix the problem.

3. Augie65

Augie65

Are you using McAfee? If so, it may be it resetting your user.js file in Firefox.
    If not, check this setting in Firefox.
    Type about:config in the address bar of Firefox and hit Enter.
    Go to dom. disable_open_during_load in the list and make sure it
    is set to true. If false, double click the line to set to true.

4. SuedeTumor

I am using McAfee. Is there any way to change this user.js file? That setting (dom. disable_open_during_load) was set to false but changing it to true unfortunately has no effect. The checked box (Block pop-up windows) becomes unchecked each time I start Firefox. This is happening on my laptop and my main computer as well as my wife's computer. I have tried re-installing Firefox also.

5. Augie65

Augie65

This seems to be a problem with McAfee. I don't use McAfee, but found this solution on another forum that users were having the same problem.

6. SuedeTumor

That did it. Thanks!

7. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)
    You can mark this solved from Thread Tools just above the first post of the thread. Then, choose Mark Thread Solved.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice