1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox problem?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rchristie, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rchristie

rchristie Thread Starter

Hi Im not sure whether this is a Firefox problem (probably not) or a website problem (probably yes) so anyone who can give me an idea of why this is happening, it would be appreciated.

Basically Im helping to integrate a website, I dont have full control (it's a government thing), but I do have some. Anyway when I visit the site using Firefox instead of displaying the page in the content window it tries to download the page to the computer like a file. This doesnt happen in IE. This is a recent problem as it was working fine in Firefox just yesterday. Can someone point me in the right direction here, why is this happening?

2. rchristie

rchristie Thread Starter

3. llsee

llsee

First Name:
    Larry
    Hello:

I just navigated to that site (via your posted link), and it displayed fine for me. I am running Firefox v1.0, the latest release version.

llsee

4. dugq

dugq

When you go to options and downloads do you have any file-type specifc rules?

Whats the extension of the file it downloads?

5. Heatsink

Heatsink

Works fine for me on FC Linux running Opera.

6. keithy397

keithy397

FF ver 1.0, works ok for me too. As was suggested earlier, have you got any download extensions or accelerators?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice