1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by debodun, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debodun

debodun Thread Starter

I've had every version of Firefox between 0.9 and 1.5 installed and it was working okay until I installed the beta 1.5 version. Then I found that it wouldn't load the Sun Java for some reason. Also downloads were very slow - like for a 50KB file it took about a minute. Befiore this, small files downloaded almost instantaneously. Larger downloads just hang. So I uninstalled the 1.5 beta and re-installed the version I had just before (1.0.7). Now the downloading is even slower and some Web page graphics aren't displaying properly (it just shows a little while rectangle with some pastel colored shapes in them). I thought there was a problem with my computer, so I double checked by opening my IE 6.0 browser. Downloads and graphic display works fine with this browser, so I assume the problem is with Firefox.

My system is an 800 MHZ Pentium III processor with 128 MB RAM and Windows 98se OS. I have EZTrust firewall and anti-virus installed. Any ideas what's going on here?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice