1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Leroy Johnson, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leroy Johnson

Leroy Johnson Thread Starter

Every so often when I try to open my Firefox browser it freezes and says it's not responding so I have to close it. It usually happens about 2 or 3 times in a row and then works fine when I open it the 3rd or 4th time. I have no idea why it does this and it's just a hassle to keep closing it and opening it. Any help would be great, thanks.

2. Augie65

Augie65

Open Firefox in safe mode. Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode). This starts Firefox without extensions if it starts OK, then it is an extension effecting Firefox. If this doesn't work, try and create a new profile and start Firefox. If the new profile works, you can migrate your settings to the new profile.

3. Leroy Johnson

It starts OK in safe mode so I guess it is an extension, but how do I know which one it is?

4. Augie65

Augie65

Uninstall your most recently installed or updated extension, Tools> Extensions. Then close Firefox File> Exit(to make sure that Firefox closes) then restart Firefox, continue until you can start Firefox normally.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't mention which version you're using.

1.5.0.4 is the most current "final" release.

1.5.0.5 RC3 and 2.0 Beta 1 have also been released.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Leroy Johnson

I have 1.5.0.4 and the removal of some extensions seems to have worked. It hasn't frozen since then. Thanks.

7. Augie65

Augie65

You are welcome.:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice