Firefox problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gazdok

Over the last few days I have been unable to run commands and open websites and URLs from the firefox address bar / location bar. You can type anything in but the enter key will not start the search.

Also all the tabs only show connecting ("Verbinden...") - I am using a german version.

When firefox starts for the first time I get "Server not found" error.

I am up to date with version 17.
Does anyone have any ideas what has caused these problems?

did this happen after a recent update and is it happening with other browsers too?

Gazdok

There were some windows7 updates. I am not sure about the timing of updates and firefox problems though.
I have been on firefox 17 for a while, so nothing new in firefox.
The internet explorer is o.k. It works as normal but I do not use it normally.

Gazdok

I might have found the answer to my question / problem.

I have been deactivating add-ons one by one.
I am using Tab mix Plus. After stopping Tab mix Plus firefox started to behave normal again.

That would have been on my list, but probably pretty late.:)

There's a bug in TMP and from all I can tell, they haven't fixed it yet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online