1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox resizing images.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by NewRevolution, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NewRevolution

NewRevolution Thread Starter

I have had a bit of a problem ever since I switched to Firefox 2.0 from 1.6ish(?). When I load a large image the cursor becomes a magnifying glass and if you click on the image it cycles between an ugly shrunken version of the picture or the actual size. I know it is a minor problem but it is bugging me to no end. does anyone have any ideas?

I have tried two things, using the ImageZoom extension http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/ and setting it to always display images at 100% zoom and setting browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing from the about:config to false. Neither of them worked.

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    1. Open FF2
    2. In the address bar enter: about:config
    3. Copy and paste this into the filter line...

browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing

4. Double click the preference to change the value from true to false

3. hewee

hewee

4. NewRevolution

Thanks for the help. I tried both of those but it still allows the images to be resized when you click on them. I'm trying to remove the functionality entirely so that the images stay their normal size and can't be changed with a single click.

5. wilson44512

wilson44512

letting ff resize the image helps load the image faster. i just tried what davehc said an it worked. are you sure your doing it rite? or you can scroll down to were it say browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing . an double click on it an it will change it
    # Enter/ about:config in Firefox address bar.
    # Enter/ browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing in Filter field.
    # You will get a single result in the bottom pane. Double click it to change to value to fals

6. NewRevolution

I see, I created a visual aid because I suck at describing things. But I think I'm doing what you say but the problem is still there. I know some people may like the feature, but the way I browse it's a huge annoyance. I hope this helps...

[​IMG]

7. NewRevolution

Does anyone have an idea? I have been looking for an extension to fix the problem but I haven't found anything yet. I'm surprised more people aren't rejecting this feature. Maybe it's just me.

8. hewee

hewee

I have Firefox 1.5.0.8 and the browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing on mine is set to True. But that makes the bigger full size images show up smaller and you have to click on it to see the full size image. With a monitor setting of 1024x768 most images you see on web sites will show up full size any way and will fit the screen so I thing having it the way it is would be better.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/520075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice