1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox "Server Not Found

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bannor1, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bannor1

bannor1 Thread Starter

I have Firefox 2.0.0.9
    When I first start Firefox and click on any link or type a URL, the program changes to a new page saying "Server not found". I have found that it might be somthing pertaining to the add ons. I have 5 installed at this time. They are all working fine but one or all of them seems to be the culprit. If I disable or enable any one of them or all of them then close Firefox and restart I then have no problem with the browser at all as long as I don't restart my computer. Then I have to go through the same steps all over again in order to use Firefox. This problem was not an issue when I first started using this new version. It started approximately a week later. I have also completely uninstalled this version, downloaded a new copy and installed only to find the problems still exists. I have Windows XP
    Any ideas would be very welcome.
    Thanks
    Bruce

2. Rivera42

Rivera42

There's been some trouble with 2.0.0.9 since its release. It's the quintessential work-in-progress.
    http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/647725-firefox-wont-start.html
    You may wish to check the forums at news.mozilla.org for topics relating to problems with 2.0.0.9; there has been a lot of such discussion lately.
    I think FF has begun spell checking me at random, as I'm seeing the typos highlighted despite never having enabled this setting.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice