1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox showing "Did Not Connect: Potential security Issue"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lousylad, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lousylad

Lousylad Thread Starter

When I open any https:// site i get the above message, it only comes when I connect using my wifi. If I use Internet using hotspot from mobile there is no such issue. My router name, say 'X' shows X 4 and on clicking on more info below the above message in Firefox it says "Certificate is only valid for the following names: mediarouter.home, mediarouter1.home, mediarouter2.home, mediarouter3.home". I think mine is mediarouter4.home but I don't know how to change that. I have tried SSL clearing and dnsflush. Time and date of the system is also updated and fine. Same happens for CHROME as well in that it says "Your connection is not private". Again no issues with mobile hotspot. Please help! (Windows 7)

Attached Files:

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

Usually it means you are not logged in completely to your Wi-Fi, we have a Guest network at my work and when you connect it brings up a web page that you have to agree to the terms of service before it win let you surf normally. If you don't hit the agree button it and you try to surf it will say "you don't have a secure connection". What router do you have?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!