1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox showing some text as diamond with question mark

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by desertvixen, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. desertvixen

desertvixen Thread Starter

I did a little research and some say this is a problem with character encoding. I have tried different options including Unicode UTF-8 and different Western options, but to no avail. Any ideas how to fix this?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you tried a different font?

Can you show us an example or link?

3. desertvixen

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

This is what I get. Is the the pound symbol that you see as a diamond? Do you see both of these as the same?

"Royal Mail has announced the following price changes, effective from 7th April, 2008:
    # A First Class stamp for a standard packet weighing 101g to 250g will cost £1.45, an increase of 7p.
    # A Second Class stamp for a standard packet weighing 101g to 250g will cost £1.24, an increase of 4p.
    # Special Delivery guaranteed next day service for items weighing between 100g and 500g will cost £5.05, a rise of 30p.

Prices for other weights and sizes have also changed; full details can be found at the Royal Mail website."

Attached Files:

• ebay.jpg
      ebay.jpg
      File size:
      34.8 KB
      Views:
  5. desertvixen

Yes, I see the pound symbol as a diamond. Just found another one in my son's online school. I will try and cut and paste here:

Today, the 4.16 Unit 4 Test (parts 1 and 2) is available. The multiple choice portion gives you 60 minutes, but you will not be timed out if you go past the time limit. As always, just make sure you save your answers as you go along. IMPORTANT � don�t forget the Unit 4 Test Study Guide in Doc Sharing. Lastly, this and ALL Unit 4 assignments will not be due until the end of Sunday, 04/27. Good Luck!

If I use IE, I don't have the problem with this. I would prefer to use Firefox and think there must be something I can do to fix this.

6. hewee

hewee

Try Firefox in Safe Mode to see if it looks the same.
    Go to Start Menu\Programs\Mozilla Firefox, and click on "Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)"

7. desertvixen

Just tried Firefox in safe mode and the results are the same.

8. qfmomen

qfmomen

Hi guys,

I got the same problem. It puts this diamond character into the name of images or URLs. So images missed and links isn't working on my page.

Most of items in list is working but some of them having that char, so creating problem.

Any solution till now?

http://www.worldski.com/ski-specialoffers.aspx

thanks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704815

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice