1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox stops loading pages, still connected to internet though?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Kman2123, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kman2123

Kman2123 Thread Starter

Hi I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
    I'll start from the beginning.
    My computer worked fine and everything before i left for vacation. I used the resorts internet and at that time i was using avg free and comodo as firewall and antivirus
    One day my AVG reports trojan horse in my itunes even though it worked fine so i said remove then itunes wouldn't load so i figured AVG had downloaded a corrupted update and i was getting sick of comodo so i switched to ZoneAlarm free firewall and Avast antivirus and did complete sweeps and did not find anything no virus's so i reinstalled itunes ( i did spybot and malwarebytes anti malware sweeps and trend micro housecall) Itunes works fine now and I got home from vacation and connected wireless to my home network and I was on Firefox and all a sudden it just said loading for all tabs and wouldn't do anything. I checked firewall and information was flowing in and out. I tried updating Avast and it connected to the internet and updated. So then i grabbed my itouch and it connected to the internet just fine and loaded pages. I then closed and reopened firefox and it wouldn't open anything and said it was in offline mode? I tried unchecking work offline and it didn't work. I opened up google chrome and Internet explorer and nothing would load yet I could update any program i wanted. Help! Also if i reboot and open firefox it works and loads pages but then it will stop loading sometime after. I have an HP laptop with a Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 both at 2.00 Ghz with 4 gigs of ram.
    Any clues??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!