Firefox Toolbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BodyworkeR

I've a Firefox 3.6.24 Toolbar that I can hide but can't figure out how to remove. Furthermore when I've searched for it I couldn't find it. On the View Toolbar menu it's called "testingmore". On the toolbar itself it's called "Jill's House". When I search for any of these strings on my C drive, registry, or control panel (Vista programs), I can't find anything that even vaguely resembles these strings. I wish I knew what firefox does when it adds a toolbar so then I'd know where to look and how to remove it.

Even though hiding the toolbar is enough to keep it from causing problems, I'm very curious as to what I can do to remove it.

BodyworkeR

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
If it's a user created toolbar it only exists if it contains icons.
Simply right click it and click "Customize".
Drag all the icons from the toolbar into the customize window and click done.
The toolbar should cease to exist.

BodyworkeR

I tried to customize the toolbar like you said but it wouldn't let me drag any of the icons away from the toolbar. It did let me click a drop down options list that let me hide some of the icons but not all of them. Strangely this drop down list also let me switch from the Jill's House toolbar to the Free Rice toolbar that my wife also has installed in her firefox browser. Do you have any more ideas?

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
I tried to customize the toolbar like you said but it wouldn't let me drag any of the icons away from the toolbar. It did let me click a drop down options list that let me hide some of the icons but not all of them. Strangely this drop down list also let me switch from the Jill's House toolbar to the Free Rice toolbar that my wife also has installed in her firefox browser. Do you have any more ideas?
If it has a dropdown, it isn't a user created toolbar. It must be an extension or part of an extension.
Click Tools>Add-ons>Extensions and see if you have any toolbar extensions installed, or something that would relate to the toolbar you have (probably the Free Rice Toolbar extension).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online