1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox Toolbar

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BodyworkeR, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BodyworkeR

BodyworkeR Thread Starter

I've a Firefox 3.6.24 Toolbar that I can hide but can't figure out how to remove. Furthermore when I've searched for it I couldn't find it. On the View Toolbar menu it's called "testingmore". On the toolbar itself it's called "Jill's House". When I search for any of these strings on my C drive, registry, or control panel (Vista programs), I can't find anything that even vaguely resembles these strings. I wish I knew what firefox does when it adds a toolbar so then I'd know where to look and how to remove it.

Even though hiding the toolbar is enough to keep it from causing problems, I'm very curious as to what I can do to remove it.

BodyworkeR

2. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

If it's a user created toolbar it only exists if it contains icons.
    Simply right click it and click "Customize".
    Drag all the icons from the toolbar into the customize window and click done.
    The toolbar should cease to exist.

3. BodyworkeR

BodyworkeR Thread Starter

I tried to customize the toolbar like you said but it wouldn't let me drag any of the icons away from the toolbar. It did let me click a drop down options list that let me hide some of the icons but not all of them. Strangely this drop down list also let me switch from the Jill's House toolbar to the Free Rice toolbar that my wife also has installed in her firefox browser. Do you have any more ideas?

4. oshaileshmohan

oshaileshmohan

which operating system you are using ??

5. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

If it has a dropdown, it isn't a user created toolbar. It must be an extension or part of an extension.
    Click Tools>Add-ons>Extensions and see if you have any toolbar extensions installed, or something that would relate to the toolbar you have (probably the Free Rice Toolbar extension).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice