Firefox update removed bookmarks

Jim73

Suddenly today Firefox has decided to remove my list of bookmarks on the side of the home page. I have gone to the "View history saved bookmarks and more" at the top of the home page and my bookmarks show, but when I hit the arrow that used to paste them on the left edge of the page nothing happens. It seems to want to paste them on the desktop of the home page, but only has four rows of eight. I have many more than 32 bookmarks. Does anyone have a fix for this? It is very frustrating.

plodr

Liz
I can't seem to get it to work.
Not sure what you mean.
Are you saying that there is nothing at the location when going there through Windows Explorer or when you get there and click on the folder there is nothing in there?
FFBKBack.jpg

FFBKBack2.jpg

plodr

Liz
See my second shot?
There are backups of my bookmarks dated from 7-15 through 9-22. It updates every time I make a change to my current bookmark list by either adding or moving 1 or 1more bookmarks. Do you have a list similar to this? If so, the following steps will restore most of the missing bookmarks.
1. Click Bookmarks in FF
2. Click Show all Bookmarks
3. Click Import and Backup
4. Hover over Restore
You should see a list of all your backup bookmarks. Click on any one of those and the bookmarks backed up on the date will now be your current bookmarks.

Good reason to keep a backup of your bookmarks, either USB drive or cloud. For Firefox, also for Chrome, a free browser extension add in called Eversync. Been using for years and it has helped me restore bookmarks quickly within minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online