1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firefox update wont open

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by markfox, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markfox

markfox Thread Starter

I was prompted to update firefox (to version 13). Normally no problems. This time, while it keeps trying to search for my default Google uk home page it doesn't succeed. I am just left with a blank Firefox header page with just an address bar which is not operative due to the never-ending search for the google start.
    I have tried deleting firefox completely from add/ remove programs, reinstalling it and rebooting but the same things happens. It just searches for Google.
    By the way I am using Windows XP Pro and Panda 2008 antivirus, both of which have automatic upates.
    Can anyone help me? Many thanks.

2. t bone

t bone

what happens if you change your homepage?

3. markfox

markfox Thread Starter

I just tried removing Firefox - then rebooting - then reinstalling Firefox - then rebooting - and it now works fine! A bit of a hassle, but lets just call it a glitch!

But many thanks for your reply in any case.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699513

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice