FIREFOX vs IE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EGSUPERMEX

I just got done downloading FIREFOX today (01/21/05). I really like it, but I have a couple of issues that I am hoping someone can help out with.

1. With IE, if there was a e-mail link, my default e-mail account would open up automatically with the address in the TO: box. In FIREFOX, when I click on a link, it opens up IE then opens my sign on page. Can this be changed?

2. With IE, I would visit certain sites and the animation icons worked at normal speed. With FIREFOX, the animations are flying!!! I mean that they go about twice the speed that they should. Is there a 'plugin' to correct this?

Thanks for any help.

I don't know the answers to your questions because I am using Opera, but I suspect that there may be extensions to deal with your problems if you use the Help or Support options in Firefox.

The important thing is to ensure that the copy of IE installed on your computer is as 'safe' as possible. This article is quite old, and may not take into account changes made by XP SP2, but, because it is integrated into your OS. it is essential to 'lock down' IE as much as possible;https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/btw/ie/ie-opts.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online