FireFox with AVG

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Miercaky

I use Firefox with AVG and recently upgraded my AVG to to new improved 7.5. The download options were for Windows and Linux only. There is no choice for FireFox. I downloaded the one for Windows? Is it okay to use FireFox with AVG/Windows or should I have downloaded the one for Linux or does it matter? Please let me know. Also, if I shouldn't be using AVG with my FF would someone give me some advice on maybe another good free anti virus program?

That was referring to the operating system and not the browser - Tons use AVG with FF

Miercaky

Okay, so I take it that if one uses the FF browser, it doesn't matter if you download AVG/Windows or AVG/Linux .

New question, is Opera to Windows like FireFox is to Internet Explorer? If so, is Opera like FF, it's short and sweet, leaner and meaner without all the junk that comes with Windows and allows the operating system to run faster? If I'm right please tell me more about opera. How it works and how to get it?

NO - you are confusing the operating system and the browser

You more than likely are on Windows (XP W2K 98 95 or ME) and only AVG for windows will work

Opera can be downloaded from
www.opera.com

click the download opera for windows option.
Opera is a browser like FF and IE
It is small,clean and less subject to external spyware/malware.The same can be said about FF.and your choice of use,to me,is totally dependent on how they look,feel,and and how you would like to customize them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online