1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FireFox with AVG

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Miercaky, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Miercaky

Miercaky Thread Starter

I use Firefox with AVG and recently upgraded my AVG to to new improved 7.5. The download options were for Windows and Linux only. There is no choice for FireFox. I downloaded the one for Windows? Is it okay to use FireFox with AVG/Windows or should I have downloaded the one for Linux or does it matter? Please let me know. Also, if I shouldn't be using AVG with my FF would someone give me some advice on maybe another good free anti virus program?

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

I am using FF and Opera with the new free AVG 7.5 with no troubles.

3. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

That was referring to the operating system and not the browser - Tons use AVG with FF

4. hewee

hewee

5. Miercaky

Miercaky Thread Starter

Okay, so I take it that if one uses the FF browser, it doesn't matter if you download AVG/Windows or AVG/Linux .

New question, is Opera to Windows like FireFox is to Internet Explorer? If so, is Opera like FF, it's short and sweet, leaner and meaner without all the junk that comes with Windows and allows the operating system to run faster? If I'm right please tell me more about opera. How it works and how to get it?

6. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

NO - you are confusing the operating system and the browser

You more than likely are on Windows (XP W2K 98 95 or ME) and only AVG for windows will work

7. pedroguy

pedroguy

Opera can be downloaded from
    www.opera.com

click the download opera for windows option.
    Opera is a browser like FF and IE
    It is small,clean and less subject to external spyware/malware.The same can be said about FF.and your choice of use,to me,is totally dependent on how they look,feel,and and how you would like to customize them

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice