1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firefox

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lothlorien, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lothlorien

lothlorien Thread Starter

im just curious abotu Firefox (browser)...ive read good things but i havent heard of anybody who uses it....any positive feedback on it?

2. bkpeck

bkpeck

IT's Great!! I have lots of extensions. I think a lot of people here will agree. Try a search here and you will get a lot of info

3. ddockstader

ddockstader

I've been using it since it was in Beta. Can't find any fault with it. Of course, I quit using IE out years ago and had been using Netscape and then Mozilla exclusively, so it was a natural progression. The only problem is the occasional website that is so enamored with (or brainwashed by) Microsoft that they use HTML and other language extensions WHICH DO NOT CONFORM TO THE LANGUAGE STANDARD, but which Microsoft has added to IE to try and stifle the competition. So I am forced to keep IE on my machine and when I find such a site, I send nasty messages to the appropriate webmaster.

4. bkpeck

bkpeck

There is an extension for Firefox that lets you "switch to Firefox" when you are in IE.

5. somefellow

somefellow

As ddockstader mentioned , you will find the odd site which hasn`t jumped aboard the mozilla band-wagon , and to me that means they are behind the times. To date mozilla does not have near the exploits imbedded in IE but as it becomes popular more will surface . But fixes are almost instant and easily fixed . Not like IE which after weeks or even months , they list it on their website ....after many have already felt the wrath of MS ......try it and you`ll never go back .

6. Sarcasm8

Sarcasm8

I think it's great. I have fewer crashes, I love the download manager and the password manager that comes with it. I switched to it almost a year ago and NEVER use IE unless that is the only format allowed on a site (i.e. FilePlanet).

7. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    I've also been using Firefox since it was in beta. It's faster than IE, also.
    Like everyone else, I've found the occasional page that doesn't work right, so I'm forced to use IE. I've installed it on 3 machines here at home, and we all use it now. And I don't recall my Firefox ever 'freezing' like IE does.

8. Roshith

Roshith

i have been using forefox for abt 2 months now......n its brilliant......
    u shud definitely switch to it......much more secure ....less adware problems, no popups

9. jdl

jdl

At the top of the page, click on "forums"

Scroll down to "Community" and then scroll to "firefox."

You'll be able to read about a gazillion comments and tips.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice