Firefox ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sportman3

I reboot my computer Firefox dose not save my passwords when I do restore session in firefox anyone know can I save passwords in Firefox and do restore sessions ?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Do you have the Firefox options set to remember your passwords?

Do you have any password related add-ons installed?

Is this happening for all web sites that require a password or only on some?

Exactly what version of Firefox are you using and what is your operating system?

sportman3

Here are the answers

Do you have the Firefox options set to remember your passwords?

yes not in pivate data only in security

Do you have any password related add-ons installed?

yes

Is this happening for all web sites that require a password or only on some?

eb sites that require a password

Exactly what version of Firefox are you using and
what is your operating system?

cwwozniak

Chuck
What password related add-ons are you using?

Are any of the web sites that have the password problem listed as exceptions in the Firefox security password option?

Do the websites where you have tried to save the password show up in the list of saved password sites in the Firefox security password option right after you try to save them? If so, do they still show up after restarting Firefox?

Let me rephrase my original second question. Of just the web sites that require a password, does Firefox not remember some of them or all of them?

What operating system is running on your computer?

sportman3

Here are answers

What password related add-ons are you using?

Are any of the web sites that have the password problem listed as exceptions in the Firefox security password option?

No

Do the websites where you have tried to save the password show up in the list of saved password sites in the Firefox security password option right after you try to save them? If so, do they still show up after restarting Firefox?

No

Let me rephrase my original second question. Of just the web sites that require a password, does Firefox not remember some of them or all of them?

When I reboot the computer it dose not remember all of them

What operating system is running on your computer?

Windows Xp

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Just for your information, version 3.0.14 and version 3.5.3 of Mozilla Firefox were released today.

---------------------------------------------------------------

sportman3

answer

sorry you asked What password related add-ons are you using?

CA

movie media player

microsof Net framework Assistant 11

dotty999

Dotty
Just for your information, version 3.0.14 and version 3.5.3 of Mozilla Firefox were released today.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I'm using 3.5.2 and scanned for updates a few minutes ago but it said none were available.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Dotty:

I provided a link to download 3.5.3.

I've already installed it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Duplicate to http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/859275-windows-xp-save-quit-passwords.html
I reboot my computer Firefox dose not save my passwords when I do restore session in firefox anyone know can I save passwords in Firefox and do restore sessions ?
I'm still not clear on what you mean by "restore session". Are you referring to the Show my windows and tabs from last time setting for when Firefox starts?
Are you saying if you do not have it set to "restore sessions" that is does save passwords?

sportman3

I mean by "restore session". I reboot the computer when I start Firefox it tells me "restore sessions" or start a new firefox when I do"restore sessions"it does not save passwords

dotty999

Dotty
I mean by "restore session". I reboot the computer when I start Firefox it tells me "restore sessions" or start a new firefox when I do"restore sessions"it does not save passwords
if you go to the tools menu you can set it to use current pages so it will save all your current tabs.

sportman3

I have tried to save the password will not save passwords in sites in the Firefox security passwords after restarting Firefox rstore session do I check mark it in private data ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts