1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firefox

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nita, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

I am unable to load Mozilla Firefox which has been my default browser for several years. If I switch users I can get it but not on my page I have Windows XP home edition. I have tried shutting down and rebooting but to no avail. I have tried reinstalling but it seems to freeze at a certain point so haven't been able to do that. A while ago there was a window asking if I wanted to update to the newer version and I inadvertently pressed no instead of yes but I was still able to use firefox. I am getting very frustrated and am having to use IE to send this to you. I do hope you can sort me out. Thanks

2. Miggs

Miggs

Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall FireFox ?

3. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

Will I lose all my bookmarks if I do that ?

4. Jim Danner

Jim Danner

You could backup your profile first; it's in %UserProfile%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

This does sound a bit like your profile is damaged and that is the reason why starting firefox goes wrong. Before trying teh re-install, you could try starting in Safe Mode. I think there's a Safe Mode shortcut in your Start menu (All programs... Mozilla Firefox), or otherwise try Start... Run and type firefox -safe-mode

If that doesn't work either, try it with a fresh profile: in Start... Run type firefox -P and select Create; it will create the new profile and start using that. If it works, you can probably import the bookmarks from the old profile.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice