Firepit 2,000,000,000

Doc!!!!! So good to see you stop by! How's life?

*stokes the fire*

Been stuck in this house for far to long, time to go out for a drive me thinks

~~><">
Life's good!
Happy to be livin' on 2 1/2 acres in rural CO over a lot in the big city. I think I would go "Nuts" with this current situation and big city life. Makes this "Stay-home-away-from-the-virus" thing go easier.

TSG's landscape sure changed! Except for the "Firepit". So good to see the "Firepit".

So, how's life for you, Stephen? Good?

BTW - Speakin' of getting out for a little drive, I think I'll do the same and fire-up "Trubel" and take 'er for a Sunday spin.

20171112_105756.jpg

Gr3iz

Mark
Hangin' in and hangin' on. Mostly retired, so this staying at home stuff is fairly easy for me.

RT

Stoking the fire a bit,
Wouldn't be cool to see a visible flyby of the ISS while docked with the Dragon?
Yes, it would, and you can find out if the opportunity is coming your way by visiting
Heavens-Above.com
if you're not already familiar with it. Now I didn't direct link there, because it defaults to my location on this computer, so Google or type (with hyphen) in the address bar.
You don't have to sign up, but you can still input your exact longitude and latitude for extremely accurate predictions for flybys for the ISS and other stuff like visible satellites for your viewing spot.

You can even narrow passing orbital objects down to the magnitude you wish to include to be sure they're visible in your particular 'seeing' area, given that light pollution is a factor.
(Remember the greater the negative number in magnitude, the brighter the object appears.)

I once was fortunate enough to see a rather unique flyby of the ISS docked with a Shuttle, very bright that night, but the cool thing was it didn't pass from horizon to horizon, but entered the shadow of the Earth about 3/4 of the way and just slowly faded out above horizon.

I couldn't help but think:
Wow,there are actual real people in an actual real space ship passing into the night, that moments ago was the brightest thing in the sky... and I saw them enter into darkness going ~ 17,000 miles an hour.

Of course that was from my particular POV on Earth, the astro travelers have a different perspective.
Was with some friends who also marveled at the spectacle, we'd planned to watch together ... but the guy I felt would appreciate it most had an urgent bathroom call and missed the whole event! :rolleyes:

God rest his soul, he would have really been stoked about the Space X success, and I surely miss sharing that sort of thing with him in real time... :(

So I'll throw some logs on the fire here, to honor the memories of good friends lost, and the warmth they brought to our lives.

Hangin' in and hangin' on. Mostly retired, so this staying at home stuff is fairly easy for me.
Retired? Funny and strange in a way. We worked all our lives, only to retire and be anchored to home with the threat of a virus. *sigh* Someday - hopefully - it will be all over.

Gr3iz

Mark
Yeah, makes it tough to plan just about anything! We'd like to take a trip up north this summer, but we're unsure what may, or may not, be open ...

dotty999

Dotty
Everything is up in the air right now and we are all having to make changes to cope with the current situation. Our town centre is empty and we've nowhere to go. Thankfully we are now allowed to meet up with a friend so that at least is a move in the right direction. I hate this serious stuff!

Izme

Stephen
Life's good!
Happy to be livin' on 2 1/2 acres in rural CO over a lot in the big city. I think I would go "Nuts" with this current situation and big city life. Makes this "Stay-home-away-from-the-virus" thing go easier.

TSG's landscape sure changed! Except for the "Firepit". So good to see the "Firepit".

So, how's life for you, Stephen? Good?

BTW - Speakin' of getting out for a little drive, I think I'll do the same and fire-up "Trubel" and take 'er for a Sunday spin.

View attachment 277484
Very nice ride Doc!
All is good here, stir crazy but doing my best in this big city of Seattle.
I remember talking countless hours with you about country living and fast cars. lol
I'm hoping the firepit will be here for many years to come. I've always had a good time in here, many fond memories and Thanks To TSG for keeping it from closing not to mention some of the members that indeed kept it alive
That being said
I'll stoke the fire once again and hope to hear from you and others here

~~><">

Izme

Stephen
Everything is up in the air right now and we are all having to make changes to cope with the current situation. Our town centre is empty and we've nowhere to go. Thankfully we are now allowed to meet up with a friend so that at least is a move in the right direction. I hate this serious stuff!
Crazy times indeed Dot, indeed. Now there's riots here to add to this whole insane covid thing. I have an optimistic heart and soul. I'll bet my chips that we do pull out of this. If there's a real and viable vaccine. Either way we are all not the same as the first day we heard that term Covid19

Izme

Stephen
Yeah, makes it tough to plan just about anything! We'd like to take a trip up north this summer, but we're unsure what may, or may not, be open ...
Me as well, take it one day at a time I guess and get out when we can

Izme

Stephen
Stoking the fire a bit,
Wouldn't be cool to see a visible flyby of the ISS while docked with the Dragon?
Yes, it would, and you can find out if the opportunity is coming your way by visiting
Heavens-Above.com
if you're not already familiar with it. Now I didn't direct link there, because it defaults to my location on this computer, so Google or type (with hyphen) in the address bar.
You don't have to sign up, but you can still input your exact longitude and latitude for extremely accurate predictions for flybys for the ISS and other stuff like visible satellites for your viewing spot.

You can even narrow passing orbital objects down to the magnitude you wish to include to be sure they're visible in your particular 'seeing' area, given that light pollution is a factor.
(Remember the greater the negative number in magnitude, the brighter the object appears.)

I once was fortunate enough to see a rather unique flyby of the ISS docked with a Shuttle, very bright that night, but the cool thing was it didn't pass from horizon to horizon, but entered the shadow of the Earth about 3/4 of the way and just slowly faded out above horizon.

I couldn't help but think:
Wow,there are actual real people in an actual real space ship passing into the night, that moments ago was the brightest thing in the sky... and I saw them enter into darkness going ~ 17,000 miles an hour.

Of course that was from my particular POV on Earth, the astro travelers have a different perspective.
Was with some friends who also marveled at the spectacle, we'd planned to watch together ... but the guy I felt would appreciate it most had an urgent bathroom call and missed the whole event! :rolleyes:

God rest his soul, he would have really been stoked about the Space X success, and I surely miss sharing that sort of thing with him in real time... :(

So I'll throw some logs on the fire here, to honor the memories of good friends lost, and the warmth they brought to our lives.
RT..I've always enjoyed you posts' Especially when the subject is this big blue marble in space..Stargazer at heart and a sand castle builder since childhood

~~><"> Almost a decade that this thread has been open

Reactions: RT

RT

Well thank you kindly Stephen!
~~><"> Almost a decade that this thread has been open
Don't think there's a shortage of fire wood yet, though folks have come and gone.
For some 'twas just a hiatus for whatever reason, so it's good to see some familiar folks pop up now and then.

Izme

Stephen
Well thank you kindly Stephen!
Don't think there's a shortage of fire wood yet, though folks have come and gone.
For some 'twas just a hiatus for whatever reason, so it's good to see some familiar folks pop up now and then.
No doubt my friend
There will never be a shortage of virtual wood after all it's free and even if they close Walmarts and Targets..always be a big supply for us..virtually..hehe
I think that this thread is here for a better reason now. The feel good thread..I always called it that...Now in these times?
And we'll all get through this collectively

~~><">

dotty999

Dotty
No doubt my friend
There will never be a shortage of virtual wood after all it's free and even if they close Walmarts and Targets..always be a big supply for us..virtually..hehe
I think that this thread is here for a better reason now. The feel good thread..I always called it that...Now in these times?
And we'll all get through this collectively

~~><">
Our friendship will help us to feel we are not alone. That's what friends are for

Reactions: RT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts