1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firewall alert

Discussion in 'General Security' started by despuesvengo, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. despuesvengo

despuesvengo Thread Starter

hi there

I am using Windows XP sp2 with avast and filseclab firewall. When I perform a check to test ports it shows only port 0 is closed, rest of the ports stealth.

But, something happens everytime I open soulseek. Although I download with no problem the firewall alerts saying SYSTEM tcp/out....and its says the rule is to block and asks which will be the new rule....lots of alerts showing different ips, which I guess could be users trying to connect to my pc????????

I have "little" knowledge about firewalls. As fas as I can see soulseek is Allowed in all ports all time all directions with the simple rule to "allow" when opened for the first time to have access to the net.

any ideas any help? :confused:

thanks and greetings

2. golferbob

golferbob

3. despuesvengo

despuesvengo Thread Starter

thanks for that golferbob. In fact I have tried zonealarm and sygate in the past. Don't know why but zonealarm caused some trouble in the pc. Sygate was OK but discontinued so I switched to filseclab. Previous to that I had Netveda which was OK until a pop up came up saying I had to buy it (after 1 year) and I read it was abbandoned also.

Filseclab works great!!! no complaint. As for Comodo, no idea but I installed it once and froze my pc apart from allowing some things to access the net and piffffffffffff.....I lost some soft I had, hahaha.

I asked about filesclab just to see if any of you know "how to" avoid these System thing in a simple way. I will keep reading in internet but I can't find any related to that specific issue.

thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice