1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firewall Blocking an intrusion??

Discussion in 'General Security' started by texastoy4her, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. texastoy4her

texastoy4her Thread Starter

HI everyone,

I have started receiving a "warning" from my ZoneAlarm that it has blocked an attempted intrusion. I know I shouldn't be overly concerned as the firewall is obviously doing it's job lol, but am a tad concerned as I play on pogo.com and a lot of my friends have recently had their accounts hacked on their.

The message I get from ZoneAlarm is....The firewall has clocked internet access to your computer (NetBIOS Session) from private.ip.address.localhost ( an IP addy) (TCP Port 1341)(TCP Flags:S)

Is this something I should be concerned with or is it possibly from the laptop I have running off a router for my home network?

Thanks for all you alls help.

2. Avtar

Avtar

I used to get these notifications all the time from ZoneAlarm. It was mainly because of the ISP I was using, whenever someone around my area connected to the internet, they were added to my network or some sort of connection was established between the computers, so it showed up like that. That's what I figured out. :p

Are you connected to other computers on LAN or Wi-Fi or any other network as of now?

3. texastoy4her

I am connected to the internet through a LAN connection for my DSL and then a wireless router for the laptop but that's it. No other computers connected to mine besides the laptop.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

So you have a DSL modem that is also a router ( it has ethernet jackS ). And a separate wireless router.

Try plugging in the PC into the wireless router, not directly into the DSL modem/router. That should filter out these firewall events.

5. texastoy4her

Yes the DSL is also a router and yes I also have a separate wireless router for the laptop.

The way it is hooked up is the DSL modem is connected to the wireless router and the Desktop is connected to the wireless router. Then of course the laptop through the wireless router.

So is this all this is, is just simply something with my network and not an actual "attack"?

Possibly the laptop?? I had a home network set up at one time but had to replace the HD in the laptop and when I done that I never actually set it up again. I just turned on the wireless adapter in the laptop and was able to get on.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

MS Windows talks alot with other machines in the network. Since your firewall identifies it as NETBIOS talk, it is harmless.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice