Firewall Cable/Dsl Router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sleekluxury

I Need a good Linksys or comparible firewall cable/DSL router for my pc's. anyone know any good and affordable ones.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
$100!!! I gave him a link for a $5 router that will work just as well, since he didn't specify wireless. :D

well considering that everthing is going wireless why not? and it comes with a firewall.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Uhh... $100 vs. $5 is the reason! :D FWIW, all SOHO routers have similar firewall capabilities, including the $5 on I mentioned.

yeah i guess the GigaFast would be a better choice. i just would not want to buy it and have to upgrade later.... i thought the wireless option was good for laptops and stuff like like that. But for 5 bucks i guess you can't beat that.

sleekluxury

Cool ill have to check them all out and go to Fry's and buy one. Probably going to be a Linksys.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, if you spend $5-10 for a router, it's not that big a deal to upgrade later. :)

I would go with the Linksys because you have better support when it comes to upgrading the firmware. I would also suggest wireless so you have that option in the future. I think the newer ones even support VPN. You can build one yourself with Linux and a cheap 200Mhz computer too. If you REALLY want to save some money.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Just for information only, I believe Cisco bought LinkSys ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online