firewall caught port scans

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

biz_gravy

what are these port scans that my firewall catches. What am i supposed to learn from these or what is it supposed to tell me.

Miz

Mainly, it's telling you the firewall is doing its job.

There are probably thousands, or more, people out there running port scans constantly...mostly wannabe hackers/crackers looking for vulnerable systems to access for whatever reason.

As long as your firewall is telling you it blocked them, you're in good shape.

If you get a router it also acts as a hardware firewall.
I just got me one and your get alot less hit in your software firewall.
Went from 100's and 100's a day to maybe 12 or less.

Right on hewee...trouble is it took my a year from the time I first got a firewall to figure that out. Routers with firewalls. (y)

Yep Bill :)

I was getting pinged to dead. Like 4 a min or more and it was just crazy. Now I have only one hit so far today and that was a echo ping from here.

I know all the hits are there still like before the router but stop at the router so you don't see them or know how many there are. I like it when ZA is is not blinking away. I know ZA was stopping them but still it is better now and that makes me relax. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online