1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firewall Has Detected An Outgoing Connection

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by GREGB52, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GREGB52

GREGB52 Thread Starter

It seems that whenever I start up my PC these warnings start popping up telling me that my ( Personal Firewall Has Detected An Outgoing Connection ) It then asks me if I want to allow or deny the connection, naturally I deny it. I get as many as 20 to 30 warnings popping up. The file listed on these warnings is ( C:\Windows\System32\Winlogon.exe ) . I've tried spyware & virus scans but can't get rid of this pest. I'm running Windows XP with a Cable connection. Any ideas????????????? Thanks Greg

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

Here's a site that might be useful to you. It will allow you to check what things that run are and then decide if you would want to allow them to send data or not.

http://www.answersthatwork.com/

In the case of Winlogin.exe, that's a legitimate request, and here's the info from that site for it.

Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 Logon application whose full path is either C:\WinNT\System32\Winlogon.exe or C:\Windows\System32\Winlogon.exe. This process manages usersÂ’ logons and logoffs on your PC/Server. The window which pops up and prompts you for your username and password, or which allows you to logoff or shutdown, is the WINLOGON process.

Recommendation :
    An integral part of the operating system, leave alone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice