Firewall notifcations confusion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cheesha

Updated my Norton Firewall last night. Since then, I've received almost 1000 notifications of IP addresses that sent information that is characteristic of an MS_RPC_DCON_HEAP_BO attack or MS_RPC_DCON_Buffer_Overflow attack. Included in this list appears to be my own IP address also.

If someone can advice me what MS_RPC_DCON_HEAP_BO attack or MS_RPC_DCON_Buffer_Overflow attack is, it will help me determine what to do about it.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like the blaster or welcha virus

make sure all your windows updates are done
got to windowsupdate.microsoft.com

PLZ specify what OS your running as well for more info

cheesha

I'm running Windows XP.
No Virus's on system
Up to date on all Windows Updates

I'm needing to know what these letters stand for:
MS_RPC_DCON_HEAP_BO & MS_RPC_DCON_Buffer_Overflow

Thank You

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online