1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firewall password in wireless router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by patience56, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patience56

patience56 Thread Starter

I have etrust EZ Armour thru road runner. It expired today and I went to update the key and everything was working just fine and then it asked me for my firewall password. I use the firewall in my NETGEAR wireless router and I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about or where I can even find that. I set it up myself and keep track of all that. I couldn't even tell where to put in the password so it would work. I downloaded the manual and read what I thought would apply. I even bypassed the router and just plugged the computer directly to the modem.

My software would have been updated since I bought the router last fall. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Are you sure it's not wanting the password for the modem?

3. patience56

I don't know. I guess I didn't know my modem has a password too but the message said firewall.

4. ~Candy~

My DSL modem has a firewall. And to turn it on, off, or change settings, you need a password.

5. patience56

I looked everywhere for a firewall and even went in to control panel and looked at the modem and internet connections. Couldn't figure out where the password would go. I even downloaded microsoft silverlight (I think that's what it was called) with out a hitch, I finally called tech support for road runner and he over rode and sent me a link in an email. So I'm all uninstalled and re-installed.

Thanks so much for your help. I didn't even realize about the passwords to the modem and router. I've got them to log into their websites but can't find where I would need them at home.

Thanks again,
    Marty

6. ~Candy~

You're welcome. You can mark the thread solved (if it is) right above your first post.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice