1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firewall protection

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cmed, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

My daughter is looking for a site offering free firewall protection. I've been told that Zone Alarm and sygate has free fire protection but they all seem to be priced, not free. Any suggestions. Thanks for any help.

2. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Zone Alarm has two versions, standard Zone Alarm and Zone Alarm Pro. The standard Zone Alarm is free and the Pro is the pay version.

Sygate is also free.

3. BillC

BillC

4. buckaroo

buckaroo

5. bilnrobn

bilnrobn

First Name:
    Bill
    With a question like this personal preferences will show in the replies you receive. My personal choice is Kerio. http://www.kerio.com/us/kpf_home.html
    It is unobtrusive and effective and doesn't seem to have undesirable side affects.
    I previously had Zone Alarm and experienced a lot of lockups. They stopped happening when I uninstalled it.

6. Deke40

Deke40

Kerio (y) (y)

7. skyman

skyman

ZoneAlarm seems to have the biggest following. They have the best record , according to users, of catching ...

8. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help in locating firewall protection. I'm forwarding this on to my daughter. You have been a great help.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice