Firewall script to allow FTP server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plucnik

I've set up an FTP server on a computer that has a static IP. We have a hardware firewall that uses a script to allow access through it. I'm kind of stumped on this one though. I cannot seem to access the FTP server from the WAN side EXCEPT when I drop the firewall. Access from the LAN side isn't a problem. These are the FTP scripts that I have tried. I'm a little fuzzy on the "active" and "passive" FTP concept and that's probably my problem. Can anyone show me the error of my ways?
Thanks!
Peter

#ftp from LAN to WAN will be accepted
remote ipfilter insert input accept -p tcp -sp 21 -dp 1024:65535 internet
remote ipfilter insert output accept -p tcp -dp 21 -sp 1024:65535 internet
remote ipfilter insert input accept -p tcp -sp 20 -dp 1024:65535 internet
remote ipfilter insert output accept -p tcp -dp 20 -sp 1024:65535 internet
# FTP
remote ipfilter append input accept -p tcp -sp 20:21 internet
remote ipfilter append output accept -p tcp -dp 20:21 internet

plucnik

It's actually built into the the "Efficient Networks" DSL business router (along with DHCP, VPN and a bunch of other features. I've added lines to the firewall script to allow other things like VNC, time service, SSL etc and all work fine. I just think that I have a syntax problem with the FTP and port 20 and 21 script lines.
Thanks Pete

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online