1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firewall settings for windows xp-home edition

Discussion in 'General Security' started by farmgirlsask, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. farmgirlsask

farmgirlsask Thread Starter

How do I change the firewall settings to allow port 80 as well as port 2077 and 2078?? I have created a website with Sibername.com and am having problems publishing it. The error message is >Cannot connect to raywayagautoparts.ca using fsockopen, please make sure raywayagautoparts.ca resolve to the server correctly and outgoing TCP port 80 is opened.<

raywayagautoparts.ca is the name of my website. Can anyone help??

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. farmgirlsask

farmgirlsask Thread Starter

I still can't figure out how to open ports 2078(SSL) and 2077. Please help.

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Opening ports in a firewall is dangerous, that is why I said to let the program through the firewall, if it uses these ports then they will be allowed when that program is used.

Opening ports manually will allow any program to use them, and will be open to attack from the internet.

Control Panel>Windows firewall>Exceptions Tab>Add Port button

while you are in the add a port window, click the "What are the risks of opening a port"

5. alexcarlson

alexcarlson

Hello,
    You may want to check with your ISP, and make sure they do not block those ports upstream. Also make sure you turn off any firewall or virus software to check it, and then turn it back on. If it works with those off you will have to contact that software's support for help. If you still have issues please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice