1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firewall settings ??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by skooterbum, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skooterbum

skooterbum Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 2039 Mb
    Graphics Card: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR, 8 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 19061 MB, Free - 7262 MB;
    Motherboard: ECS, P4VMM2
    Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

i have no idea what my firewall settings should be. :confused:

currently, these items are allowed to pass through my firewall.

are there other items / programs that i should have listed with these ?? :confused:

do i need to remove any of these that are listed ?? :confused:

i very seldom go to limewire. i do not have any norton programs on my system. i don't share my files, or printers.

what would be the best thing for me to do with these firewall settings ??

thanks in advance !! :D

ron

Attached Files:

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Do you know what the first item relates to. It may be linked to a browser add-on that you installed without realising that came bundled with software. The rest all look fine.

Check in your browsers add-on list and see if there are any in there that you do not recognise and disable them. If they also appear in your Add/Remove programs list uninstall them as well.

Windows Firewall only stops incoming connections, these free third party firewalls stop outgoing connections as well, giving better security Free Firewalls.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice