1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

firewall suspicions

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by cubbycuddly, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cubbycuddly

cubbycuddly Thread Starter

Hi,

I have denied permission, in my firewall, to an application called AOM-MFC PROGRAM. I don't know what it is though I think it is something nasty. I looked at the logs in my firewall and when selecting this program it says the following

Denial of service "code red detected"

A code red from outside is detected, it is a very dangerous virus that will deface your web pages, perform a denial of service attack, and even crash your system.

What I am not sure about now is what I need to do. If I have denied permission to this application does that mean there is no problem or should I be trying to remove this from my computer. I have performed a virus scan since this problem occured and no infection was found.

Please can someone help.

Cubbycuddly

2. $teve

$teve

MFC could be "microsoft foundation class"
    AOM could be"add on module"

or "age of mythology"
    dont think its malicious

just deny access and if things are the same then its not needed to access the net.

;)

3. BillC

BillC

I was able to track down this:

CompanyName : Adobe Systems, Incorporated
    FileDescription : AOM MFC Application
    InternalName : AOM
    OriginalFilename : AOM.EXE

As Steve said, it is probably not evil. If you can, find the application, right click, and check it's properties. You could look in your Task Manager and see if AOM.EXE is running. It's a thought.

4. winchester73

winchester73

Is this the error you got?

Do you want to allow AOM MFC Application to Access the Internet?
    Technical information IP: 195.130.130.130
    Application: AOM.EXE
    Version 2,7,1,24

Everything I have seen points to either Adobe PhotoShop of MS Age of Empires. Have either of them installed?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice