1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Firewall

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by barb210, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barb210

barb210 Thread Starter

Hi I have an XP machine. I am trying to network it. How can I take off the fire wall.

Thanks in advance

2. doggard

doggard

if you go to teh properties of the network connection your using and open the advanced page there is an option in the settings to disable it.

3. Deke40

Deke40

If you are talking about the XP built in firewall:

Start> connect to> show all connections> right click you're network adapter that you are using and click Properties. On the "Advanced" tab, you can choose to enable or disable the firewall...

4. barb210

barb210 Thread Starter

I'm so sorry for being thick, but I can't find it.

Thanks

5. doggard

doggard

Alternative go via Control panel/network connectionsselect the properties of the network connection you using.Go to the Advanced page and it should be quite easy to find from there.

6. Deke40

Deke40

7. barb210

barb210 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I have turned the firewall off but when I try to install Wingate it says "you must disable internet connection sharing and internet personal firewall in order to install wingate".

Can anyone help with this one please?

8. doggard

doggard

9. barb210

barb210 Thread Starter

Hi I am trying to set up a lan network using Belkin. I was advised to use this software by the person that is setting up the network for me. I am just trying.

When I was looking at my internet properties I clicked on the tab that read connections. At the bottom it had a special are for LAN settings. It said that Lan settings do not apply to dial up connections. When I clicked on lan settings I saw a page that had automatic detect settings, Use automatic configuration script and Proxy server. Will either of these help me as I can not find the items u told me to turn off.

Many thanks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice