Firewall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kissflysky

ok, I have a fire wall... yeah... and I can only connect to the internet when its not on.. which is a waste... so whats wrong here?

Sounds just like it's not configured properly. Which one do you have? If you connect to the internet first and then fire up the firewall what happens? Are you immediately disconnected? Any error messages popping up? What OS do you have? What kind of internet connection, dial up, high speed? Let us know please.

Without the benefit of the answers to the above questions, I'd suggest a couple of possible solutions. First, have you granted your browser ( IE or whatever ) access in the Programs control? Also, depending on your OS, you may need to grant access to Windows Explorer and Generic Host Process.

Next, you want to make certain your DNS and DHCP servers are in the trusted zone of your Zones panel. Does that help?

Depending on your firewall, there are numerous firewall forums out there dedicated to helping set them up.

I use Kerio 2.1.5, which is an old rules based firewall but is a popular version that takes a little work but is pretty well bulletproof and has a great forum at this link.

I am not suggesting you use Kerio instead of your present one but just showing some possible ways to work through your problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online